Connecticut Department of Labor, Partner of the American Job Center Network
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information



Employee Complaint Forms


Employer Forms


Manuals and Publications


Prevailing Wages


Standard Wage Rates


Workplace Standards


Employment of Minors




Joint Enforcement
Commission For Worker Misclassification


Stop Work Orders


Contact Us

Checklist for Minors Applying for Statement of Age/Working Papers
  • Are you at least 16 years old (15 years old for retail establishments during vacation weeks)?
  • Do you have an employer's written promise of employment?
  • Do you have proof of age such as a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or passport?
  • Do you have your Social Security card?
  • Is the job permitted for your age according to Connecticut's laws/regulations?
  • Is the industry permitted for your age according to Connecticut's laws/regulations?
  • Are the time and hours of work permitted by law?
If the answers to all of the above questions are "YES", take your "promise of employment" and proof of age and go to the public high school in your town, or contact your Superintendent of Schools. You MUST have working papers before you start work.

Checklist for the Employment of Minors in the State of Connecticut | return to FAQs For Minors

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home | Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - present year