Employers' Checklist for Employment of Minors
Checklist for the Employment
of Minors in the State of Connecticut
Statement of Age/Working Papers (obtained by
minors from most local public high schools with the employer's written promise
of employment and the minor's proof of age)
Working Papers for Minors
Required Information in a Promise of Employment Letter
- Time & Hour Restrictions
- Is it a Permitted Occupation for minor's age?
- Is it a Permitted Industry for minor's age?
- Do you provide at least a 30 minute meal period if
the minor works seven and one-half (7 1/2) hours or more?
- Do you pay wages at least equal to the state and
federal minimum wage rates?
- Do you maintain payroll records (3 years) and
personnel files (1 year following separation)?
- Do you provide employees with a "hiring agreement"
stating the employees' hours of employment, rate of pay, wage payment schedule
and vacation, sick, and health & welfare benefit information?