Connecticut Department of Labor
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information


A Guide to Your Rights & Responsibilities When Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Connecticut
Trade Adjustment Assistance For Workers

Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) is available to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports.

To establish group eligibility for workers whose jobs may be affected, you must first file a petition with the Office of Trade Adjustment Assistance.  Petitions may be filed by a group of three or more workers, their union, or an authorized representative.  Petition forms, assistance, and further information can be obtained at your local Career Center.

If you feel that your unemployment is a result of foreign trade competition, you may obtain further information about this program by writing to:

Trade Act Coordinator
Connecticut Department of Labor
200 Folly Brook Boulevard
Wethersfield, CT 06109-1114

return to Unemployment Insurance | return to table of contents

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - 2016 State of Connecticut