Connecticut Department of Labor
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information


A Guide to Your Rights & Responsibilities When Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Connecticut
Moving From Connecticut

If you move from Connecticut and are unemployed, you may file for benefits from your new residence state by calling 1-800-942-6653.  This type of claim is called an Interstate Claim.

If  you are eligible, your benefits will be paid by Connecticut and you must meet all the requirements of Connecticut law for receiving unemployment benefits.

If you are currently filing for Interstate benefits and intend to move, see If You Change Your Address.

return to Unemployment Insurance | return to table of contents

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - 2016 State of Connecticut