Connecticut Department of Labor
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information


Benefit Your Business
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

·         How can I Find an Empowerment Zone?   

·         Tax Credit Program Forms FAQ's

1. What forms do I need to apply for tax credits for my business?
  Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC):
  • Form 8850 - Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Credit

  • Form ETA-9061 - Individual Characteristics Form

  • Form JS-182 Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program (only needed for Vocational Rehabilitation Referral applicant)

  • ETA Form 9175: For new WOTC target group, Long-Term Unemployment Recipients, complete Long-Term Unemployment Recipient Self-Attestation Form when there is an absence of UI wage records.


How do I fill out the forms?
  For more information contact: The WOTC unit at  (860) 263-6060, CT Department of Labor.
3. Where should application forms for employer tax credits be sent once they are completed?

Send WOTC forms to:

CT Department of Labor
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Unit
200 Folly Brook Blvd.
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Program Materials/General FAQ's

1. Where can employers get additional copies of the tax credit information?
  View our program Brochure, or call (860) 263-6060 to receive a faxed Copy of the brochure.
2. How can employers find employees that meet these tax credit eligibility requirements?
  The employer assesses eligibility at the time of hire.  For general recruitment assistance, contact:, or post jobs at: CTHires

Empowerment  Zone FAQs

How can I Find an Empowerment Zone? 

Empowerment Zone Locator and locator map

If I find that the applicant lives in an Empowerment Zone (EZ) what do I need to do?

     Once the map shows that the applicant resides in the EZ, zoom out to show the area better.

Print the map and circle the red dot that shows the address is in the EZ and attach to the Forms 8850 and 9061.  You will also need to provide a copy of evidence of the applicant’s age and address.  Submit all to Connecticut Department of Labor attention WOTC Unit.

WOTC Phone Number: 1-860-263-6060

WOTC | Tax Credit Home Page

Forms | FAQs | Links | Successes | Contact Us

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home | Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - present year