Connecticut Department of Labor
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information


FOREIGN Labor Certification


Role of the Connecticut Department of Labor -  FLC

The Connecticut Department of Labor, Foreign Labor Certification Unit, collaborates with the U.S. Department of Labor during the certification process for the follow programs:

For H-2A Program Temporary Foreign Agricultural Workers:

  • Conducts pre-occupancy inspections of migrant housing.
  • Coordinates the referral of workers to H-2A
  • Conducts agricultural surveys of prevailing wages and practices.
  • Prepares job orders filed in connection with H-2A applications.

Forms are available through the federal link below:

Employers should submit a completed ETA Form 9142, a copy of the accepted ETA Form 790 and all attachments, and all other required documentation to the Chicago National Processing Center no less than 45 calendar days before the start date of need to the following address:

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification
Chicago National Processing Center
11 West Quincy Court
Chicago, IL 60604-2105

Fact sheet on filing H2A Job Orders:

For H-2B Program- Temporary Non-Agricultural Foreign Labor

  • Reviews job orders filed in connection with H-2B applications to the U.S. DOL Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) Center. 

Forms are available through the federal link below:

Job Posting for H-2B opening:

Prior to posting an H-2B job order in Connecticut:

All job orders must comply with the content requirements at 20CFR655.17. If you have any questions, please contact the Foreign Labor Certification Unit at (860) 263-6020.

*Please Note:

All H2B job applicants should apply through CTHires. Computers are available in the American Job Centers for job seekers to use to apply to these positions, if needed. A listing of American Job Centers:

Fact sheet on filing H-2B Job Orders:

H-2B Job order checklist:

The U.S. Department of Labor issues the labor certification:

The U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration has important information regarding the Foreign Labor Certification process and forms. This information can be accessed by clicking on the following link:

Employers with questions on either the H-2A or H-2B programs are encouraged to submit those questions to the U.S. DOL Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) at the following email addresses.

Please send H-2A questions to and H-2B questions to

Prevailing Wage Requests
Effective January 1, 2010, the Office of Foreign Labor Certification National Prevailing Wage Center in Washington, D.C. will receive and process prevailing wage determination requests for use in the H-1B, H-1B1, (Chile/Singapore), H-1C, H-2B, E3 (Australia), and permanent labor certification programs.

All prevailing wage requests must be submitted by U.S. Mail or comparable physical delivery service at the following address:

U.S. Department of Labor - ETA
National Prevailing Wage Center, Attn.
1341 G Street, NW, Suite 201
Washington, D.C. 20005-3105

If you have questions regarding a Prevailing Wage Request, please email the National Prevailing Wage Center at

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home | Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - present year