Connecticut Department of Labor
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information


Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations Forms

Users of this site may print forms to file with the Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations.  However, at this time the Labor Board does not accept electronic filings of complaints or petitions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  THE LABOR BOARD DOES NOT HAVE JURISDICTION OVER EVERY WORKPLACE DISPUTE OR OVER EVERY EMPLOYEE AND EMPLOYER IN THE STATE.  The Labor Board’s jurisdiction is limited by statute, as outlined below.  Please contact the Labor Board at (860) 263-6860 if you are uncertain whether it is appropriate for you to use these forms.

  • All of the forms on this page are size 8 1/2'' x 11" and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print.


  • Municipal Complaint (PDF, 51KB) For Municipal Employers and Employees Only

    “Municipal Employer” means any political subdivision of the state, including any town, city, borough, district, district department of health, school board, housing authority or other authority established by law, a private nonprofit corporation which has a valid contract with any town, city, borough or district to extinguish fires and to protect its inhabitants from loss by fire, and any person or persons designated by the municipal employer to act in its interest in dealing with municipal employees.  Conn. Gen. Stat. § 7-467(1).

    “Employee” mean any employee of a municipal employer, whether or not in the classified service of the municipal employer, except elected officials, administrative officials, board and commission members, certified teachers, part-time employees who work less than twenty hour per week on a seasonal basis, department heads and persons in such other positions as may be excluded from coverage under sections 7-467 to 7-477, inclusive, in accordance with subdivision (2) of section 7-471. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 7-467(2).

  • State Complaint (PDF, 66KB) For State Agency Employers and Employees Only

    “Employer” means the state of Connecticut, its executive and judicial branches, including, without limitation, any board, department, commission, institution, or agency of such branches or any appropriate unit thereof and any board of trustees of a state-owned or supported college or university and branches thereof, public and quasi-public state corporation, or authority established by state law, or any person or persons designated by the employer to act in its interest in dealing with employees, but shall not include the State Board of Labor Relations or the State Board of Mediation and Arbitration. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 5-270(a).

    “Employee” means any employee of an employer, whether or not in the classified service of the employer, except elected or appointed officials, board and commission members, managerial employees and confidential employees. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 5-270(b).
  • Private Complaint (PDF, 64KB) For certain Private Sector Employers and Employees

    NOTE: Most unionized private sector employers/employees are under the jurisdiction of the National Labor Relations Board.  Their number in Hartford is (860) 240- 3522.

    “Employer” means any person acting directly or indirectly in the interest of an employer in relation to an employee, but shall not include any person engaged in farming, or any person subject to the provisions of the National Labor Relations Act, unless the National Labor Relations Board has declined to assert jurisdiction over such person, or any person subject to the provisions of the Federal Railway Labor Act, or the state or any political or civil subdivision thereof or any religious agency or corporation, or any labor organization, except when acting as an employer, or any one acting as an officer or agent of such labor organization.  An employer licensed by the Department of Public Health under section 19a-490 shall be subject to the provisions of this chapter with respect to all its employees except those licensed under chapters 370 and 379, unless such employer is the state or any political subdivision thereof. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 31-101(7).

    “Employee” includes, but shall not be restricted to, any individual employed by a labor organization, any individual whose employment has ceased as a consequence of, or in connection with, any current labor dispute or because of any unfair labor practice, and who has not obtained any other regular and substantially equivalent employment, and shall not be limited to the employees of a particular employer; but shall not include any individual employed by his parent or spouse or in the domestic service of any person in his home, any individual employed only for the duration of a labor dispute, or any individual employed as an agricultural worker. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 31-101(6).
  • Teacher Complaint (PDF, 54KB) For Certified Teachers and Administrators employed by local or regional Boards of Education

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - present year