Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
Under 2021 Reversion
All petitions filed and certified on or after July 1, 2021, will be
administered under the rules of Trade Act Reversion 2021, which differ
from previous amendments to the Act, including 2002, 2009, 2011 and
2015. This web page is specifically geared toward Reversion. Please
note, some of the pages and links on this web site may or may not apply
to Reversion. If you are found to be eligible under Reversion, a TAA
representative will help determine which rules, forms and other
information apply to you.
For additional information on Reversion 2021, please visit the US
Department of Labor website at:
Key Provisions of 2021 Reversion
- Effective with petitions filed and certifications
made on or after July 1, 2021.
- Only manufacturing companies can be certified.
- Reversion rules are only applicable to petition
numbers 98,000 and above.
- The enrollment date deadline to either be in
approved training or placed on a wavier in order to be
eligible for income support payments (TRA) is the later
of 8 weeks from the certification date or 16 weeks from
the separation date (8/16 deadline).
- 130-week maximum allowed for approved training,
including apprenticeship training. On-the-job training
maximum is 104 weeks.
- Part time training is allowable and if otherwise
eligible, so is TRA for part time training.
- Incumbent worker training is not available.
- There are three levels of TRA: Basic, Additional and
- The 3 waivers of training allowable, include,
Health, Training Unavailable and Training not Available.
- Must file a bona fide application for TAA training
within 210 days after the date the certification date of
the petition or, if later, within 210 days after the
date the workers was separated from employment.
- The first payable week of TRA cannot be made prior
to 60 days from the date the petition is filed.
- There is no earnings disregard and the TRA option is
- There is a 45-day extenuating circumstances
available to extend the training enrollment deadline.
Be sure to register on
CTHires. Itís required to receive Trade Act Services!