State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES)
Developed through a strategic partnership between the U.S. Department of Labor and state UI agencies, the State
Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) and SIDES E-Response offer employers and TPAs - free of charge - a secure,
electronic and nationally-standardized format in which they can easily respond to UI information requests, attach
documentation when needed and receive a date-stamped confirmation of receipt.
CT SIDES is the program Connecticut established for Connecticut employers, and TPAs who represent Connecticut employers,
to use SIDES or SIDES E-Response to receive and respond electronically to separation information requests and separation
hearing notices from the CT Department of Labor.
Register for SIDES E-Response
Advantages for employers and Third Party Administrators (TPAs) to use SIDES for separation information exchanges with UI Agencies:
- Available free of charge;
- Reduces paperwork;
- Quick, efficient communication between employers and the UI Agency, eliminating delays related to paper mail delivery;
- Logical and streamlined questioning flow ensuring more complete information is provided through standard edits,
validations and business rules, ultimately reducing improper payments;
- Reduces the need for follow-up phone calls and paperwork;
- Given the sensitive data exchanged between state UI agencies and employers and TPAs, SIDES uses multiple layers of security that are implemented at the highest standard;
- SIDES E-Response (used by employers who are not represented by SIDES Participating TPA’s) only requires the Connecticut registered employer
or representative to have an Internet connection, a web browser, and a valid email address to participate.
SIDES enables you to electronically respond to requests for separation information on Unemployment Insurance claims
quickly, accurately, and securely, saving you time, effort and resources. Connect now!