Connecticut Department of Labor, Division of Wage and Workplace
A Guide to
Connecticut's Wage & Workplace Standards and its Laws
- laws and information regarding minors.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- laws, decisions, information, and forms regarding FMLA.
File a Wage Complaint
- instructions, information, and forms to file a wage complaint.
workplace standards forms available on our web site.
- FAQs, employee record retention, posters and guidebooks, debarment
Joint Enforcement Commission for Worker Misclassification
Prevailing Wage Information
- annual rates, bid package, payroll certification, rate schedules
issued, prevailing wage rates requested.
Professional Employer Organizations
- information for any person engaged in the business of providing
professional employer services.
Registrations for Employer Fee Agencies
Standard Wage Rates
- service rates, reference guide, payroll certification, wage request
NOTE: As of July 1, 2013 security services will be
covered under 31-57f. Please refer to the Department of Administrative
Services for contract information.
Stop Work Orders
(PDF, 351KB) - these are issued to employers who knowingly misrepresent employees as
independent contractors or provide false, incomplete, or misleading
information to an insurance company on the number of employees for the
purpose of paying a lower premium.
Wage and Hour Information
- laws, exempt/non-exempt employees, gratuities in the restaurant
industry, and other pertinent information.
- workplace laws, ELAWS, high-risk occupations listing.
200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000