EMPLOYER TAX ACCOUNTING UNIT
The main purpose of the Employer Tax Accounting Unit of the Tax Division
is the depositing of Unemployment Insurance contributions and special bond
assessments into the appropriate accounts; and the processing and recording of
all deposits and tax information to the individual employer accounts. The unit
processes all employer refunds and credits, assumes responsibility for billing
non-profit organizations, municipalities, and government agencies participating
in the reimbursement method of payment, as well as combined wage accounts for
Unemployment Compensation benefits paid.
The Employer Tax Accounting Unit is also responsible for the following:
- 940 re-certifications for the I.R.S.
- Credit Statements and Refunds - Form UC116.
- Employer Contribution return during the next 4
- Correction returns - Forms Conn.
- Internet Tax & Wage Reporting
- Employers liability for filing employee
quarterly wages on magnetic media
- Magnetic media wage reporting instruction
- Employer registration for filing employee
quarterly wages on magnetic media.
- Forms to accompany magnetic media wage
Wage Reporting Requirements & Procedures
Completion of the Employees Quarterly Earnings Report
Questions can be directed to the Cashiers Unit at (860)