Emergency Evacuation Plan
- In the event of an emergency
necessitating the evacuation of the office, facility area, or any portion
thereof, the supervisor in charge will immediately make repeated
announcements over the public address system that an emergency exists and
that all personnel in the danger area will evacuate the building in an
- As soon as an evacuation signal is given,____
or any and all supervisors will assume a station in the vicinity of the exit
doors to receive reports that the building or buildings have been evacuated.
- When orders are given to evacuate, all
supervisors will render assistance to those persons evacuating the building and
shall begin an immediate check of each room or office to make sure that everyone
has left the building.
- After being assured that a building or area has
been completely evacuated, supervisors shall report these results
to the manager.
- If an evacuation occurs at night, the
supervisors on duty will perform these assignments and at the first
opportunity notify the manager.
- Shop evacuation will be performed in the
same essential manner with one exception. his is, notification
of personnel in the shop will be handled by voice. The shop
foreman, assistant, and/or any employee (day or night) will declare
an emergency and give the order to evacuate.
- Emergency telephone numbers of the Fire
Department, Rescue etc. are posted in the Dispatch Office, Dock Office and
other operating areas. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE APPROPRIATE EMERGENCY
SERVICE BE CALLED IMMEDIATELY. If an emergency occurs during office
hours, the manager and/or shop foreman will make the emergency telephone
call. When an emergency exists after office hours, the supervisor in charge
will make the call.
- An emergency escape route chart will be posted
in the office and basement.
- Major workplace fire hazards and control will
be discussed with local Fire Department authorities. This information
along with the aforementioned procedure will be discussed with all personnel in
a safety meeting.
- Emergency escape procedures from the
dock and shop will be verbally discussed with all personnel and all new
personnel prior to assignment.
- The emergency evacuation plan will be revised
when there are any physical changes to the facility or changes in evacuation
January 03, 2017