After you have filed your online initial claim,
follow these next steps:
Filing Weekly Claims
It is very important that you file a continued claim each week that you are unemployed.
You may file a weekly claim from Sunday through Friday for the previous calendar week
(Sunday through Saturday). If you miss filing a claim for a week, you will not be able to
file the following week. This may result in a delay or loss of benefits.
If you do miss filing a
weekly claim one week, you may request to file for the missed claim by using the missed filing a
claim form on the Online Assistance Center.
There are two methods to file your weekly continued claim:
- The Department of Labor Online System – click link at bottom of page
- The Department of Labor TeleBenefits system - click for phone numbers at bottom of page
You must begin filing your weekly continued claim the Sunday after you have received a
confirmation email stating that your claim has been processed.
Note: Please report wages for work performed after the filing of your new claim for unemployment compensation.
There are two payment methods to choose from:
- Direct Deposit – enter your banking account information and you should receive payment in as quickly
as two business days after your payment is released.
Click the link at the bottom of this page to create a CT Department of Labor account
and select your method of payment.
- Debit card
– if no action is taken, a debit card will automatically be mailed to you. The debit card will be mailed to you by
Key Bank and arrive in 8 -10 business day after your first payment is released.
If you previously had a debit card and no longer have this card, or it has expired, you should contact
Key Bank at 1-866-295-2955 to request a new card.
Weekly Eligibility Requirements
- You must be physically and mentally able to work
- You must be actively seeking full-time work
- You must keep a record/log of your job search activities
- You must report any wages you earn for the week in which the work was performed
- You must report any return to work to the Department of Labor promptly
Return to Filing UI In CT home page
here for more detailed eligibility information in the Benefits Rights Informational Booklet.
You will be responsible for reviewing the information contained in this document.
here to create a Department of Labor Online Account.
200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000
State of Connecticut