Connecticut Department of Labor
  Home About Us FAQ News and Notices Contact Us
Unemployment Benefits On-Line Job Seekers Employers Labor Market Information Directions/Office Information


Relocation Allowances

An eligible worker who obtains long-term employment outside the commuting area may receive financial assistance through TAA to relocate to a new area of employment within the United States.  The application for relocation allowance must be filed before moving.   A TAA counselor in a local American Job Center will help the worker apply.

There are time limits for filing an application for relocation allowance.  A worker must file for a relocation allowance within 425 days after the date of the applicable Trade Act certification or 425 days after his or her last total qualifying separation (whichever is later), or within 182 days after completing TAA-approved training.  Also, the worker must relocate within 182 days after applying for a relocation allowance, or within 182 days after completing training. Additional details are available on Form TAA-860C (WORD, 55KB).

200 Folly Brook Boulevard, Wethersfield, CT 06109 / Phone: 860-263-6000

Home | Home Send Feedback
State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - present year